Microsoft Vista Software | Microsoft Vista Books | Linux Books | Ubuntu Books | Ruby On Rails Books

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Podcasting Officially a Word

The BBC is reporting that the New Oxford American Dictionary is adding podcasting to the dictionary. A year ago it was rejected because not enough people were reading it, but, in a ode to the speed of technology's growth, it is being declared the word of the year. Podcasting has been in the Oxford Dictionary of English since last summer. Podcast beat out words such as lifehack and rootkit for inclusion in the dictionaries. I guess no one needs to know what a rootkit is. By next year rootkit will probably be included. I personally think that podcasts are one of the best things that came out of the internet-era. There are about a dozen shows that I listen to weekly and I frankly don’t know what I would do without them

No comments: