Microsoft Vista Software | Microsoft Vista Books | Linux Books | Ubuntu Books | Ruby On Rails Books

Friday, December 02, 2005

Cholesterol

My cholesterol was 249 6 weeks ago. The doctor expressed great concern since I am in my mid 30's, not overweight and physically active. He decided to put me on a low dose of lipitor. In addition to that I cut out eggs, cheese and most of the red meat from my diet. I also ate oatmeal with a spoonful of flax seeds every weekday. I did a bloodtest again 2 weeks ago and went to the doctor yesterday. My cholesterol dropped 89 points to 160. This is amazing, I think that it is primarly because of the lipitor but since I eliminated most 'bad' food from my diet it could also have been a compound effect (drugs + bad food elimination). Anyway I am glad my cholesterol is 'normal' now for my age group. I do have to come back in February to do another test, hopefully it will be even lower

No comments: